Thursday, March 18, 2010

Laughing uncontrollably is a beautiful thing. It's often set off by the most unexpected, surprising things. What is laughter? It's such a bizarre, luxurious response. Do animals laugh? Laughter sets us apart from animals; makes us more than just a living machine. I once had a crazy idea for a business, and the fact that I was half serious about doing it reflects my obscure, one-of-a-kind sense of humor. My idea was to approach people living in really flash houses and ask them if I could spray paint my ideas about life on their interior walls. I was in stitches just explaining the idea to my brother while riding in the back seat of my parents' car. I'm having a bit of a chuckle about it right now as I recall it! Not surprisingly, my brother just stared at me with a blank expression, and God only knows what my poor parents thought. My business never made it off the ground, but I did go on to have a career as a stand-up comedian. The great thing about being a comedian and having comedic thoughts is that, to make them work you only have to present them and get a laugh - you don't have to set up a company and look for premises.

No comments:

Post a Comment