Monday, March 15, 2010

I guess I showed signs of being a comedian very early on - just before I was to get up off my haystack that I was sitting on on stage dressed as a donkey to sing my solo I said to my mate who was sitting next to me, "nice knowing you." I thought I was going to die, but I nailed that solo - I don't know if being dressed as a donkey added or subtracted from the performance. At that same school I had a voice that I would put on to get laughs where I did this weird thing with my mouth, and word got around until one day the coolest, meanest, toughest kids in the school heard about my voice and asked me to put it on for them in the playground which I did and I appeased them - may have even got a laugh. That was my first private function. In the third form I was part of a tricycle threesome who dressed up in yellow raincoats and rode around on the stage to the soundtrack 'leader of the pack' during the light relief part of the weekly school assembly. Later that day in the playground I was recognised and gained minor notoriety. Then I fell deathly quiet and shy as a teenager, but as a 17 year old I was mesmerised by the humor of Wired World of Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment